High Conflict Divorce Attorney in South Tampa
Anyone who has ever been through a divorce can tell you that in general, pursuing a dissolution of marriage is not a pleasant experience. What can make going through a divorce even more painful for all parties involved, though, is when the divorce is considered to be “high conflict.” If you are in the midst of a high conflict divorce in South Tampa, we urge you to contact our experienced family law attorneys at the Law Offices of Mark G. Rodriguez, P.A. today to learn more about your options and what to do next.
What Is a High Conflict Divorce?
A high conflict divorce is a divorce proceeding in which there is a high level of tension, emotion, and anger between divorcing parties. The conflict may exist because:
- The couple cannot agree about how to divide large sums of money;
- One of the parties in the relationship has been physically or emotionally abusive to the other;
- The cause of the divorce is rooted in an act of marital misconduct (i.e. adultery); or
- One of the parties suffers from a mental illness.
There are many behaviors that characterize a high conflict divorce, such as refusing to cooperate, acting in a bullying or psychotic manner, threatening to do something (i.e. take the kids and refuse visitation) and more. To put it frankly, going through a divorce with someone who is creating conflict can be very difficult, and doing it alone can feel impossible.
How Our Lawyers Can Help
At the Law Offices of Mark G. Rodriguez, P.A., we understand how unpleasant going through a high conflict divorce can be. During the entire process, our attorneys will advocate for you. We protect you during a high conflict divorce by:
- Explaining the law – no matter how stubborn your spouse is, if the law is on your side, you will come out on top.
- Representing you during negotiations – negotiations are a very important part of a divorce. If you and your spouse are unable to talk to one another directly, our attorneys can meet with your spouse’s attorney in order to reach an agreement you both can live with.
- Litigating on your behalf – when things are high conflict, reaching a settlement out of court may not be possible. If this is the case, we will gladly litigate on your behalf, and can use your spouse’s vile behavior as evidence supporting your case.
Call Us Before Things Get Too Out of Hand
Going through a high conflict divorce can be a miserable experience, and truth be told, it can be very bad for your psyche and the psychological health of any children that are involved, Before things get too out of hand, we highly encourage you to contact our experienced South Tampa high conflict divorce lawyers for an initial consultation. We have handled many high conflict divorce cases over the years, and understand best practices for mitigating tension and resolving things as amicably as possible. Contact us today to learn more.